this is where you wanna click to see our website, not here or here so much be right in here....obrienphotographers.com

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Failed Family Photos

I always try to loosen the nerves of those being photographed by telling them their pictures can not possibly turn out any worse than an O'Brien family photo. They laugh and assume I'm kidding because, hello, we are incredibly good looking. Truth is, I've never quite figured out how to smile correctly. Over the past few years I've also acquired a few extra acres on my cheeks, therefore shoving my eyes into what can only be describes as Asian. My brother and sister haven't figured it out either, I bet if even one us could have figured it out we would all follow suit.  These were all shot with a self timer and a tripod, which if you know anything about anything, you know that spells disaster, or mediocre family photos in this case. The dogs couldn't figure it out either.


 This one is really good, I'm talking award winning. This was before I thought to lengthen the self shutter time. Five seconds is not long enough to run in. Noted. 


It's really hard to avoid face canceling light when you're not actually behind the camera, not an excuse, simply a fact. Sorry Dad, I guess you don't exist. 
Ahhh. Soo Good! I'm so glad my place is behind the camera, I like it better there. A smart old photographer once told me not to trust a photographer who likes to be photographed or uses their pictures as proof. I agree. I hate. Now trust me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment